Little known fact: I am only capable of starting posts with hey guyssss. They are literally the first two words that pop out every time I open a new draft. And then, like, 64% of the time I come back to the top and force a new opener. Or just add a bunch of sssssssss’s. Or swap in a super original spelling of hey. I’m kinda digging haaaaaaiii but sometimes heyyo slips out, too. Hihihi! Hehwoooooooh. Heyeyeyeye. Hajjjjaieyeewwww.
I’m drinking $4 wine. Hey guysssssss.
Anyway, these popsicles are so super simple that they leave me with almost nothing to drone on about — it’s hot. they’re cold. but also hot. because spicy. but not too spicy, because you add it after. or you don’t have to add it at all. i’m drinking $4 wine — so I’m just going to talk about a few thangalangs and you can chime in.
- Stranger Things. STRANGER THINGS! That score, that 80’s typography. That little Dustin guy! Are you watching?
- I’m going to Denver! We’ve got three days and very few plans so gimme all the places to eat and drink beers and stand up on a paddleboard and buy hipster things and otherwise spend time and money sans behbehhhh kthx.
- Instagram Stories I don’t even knowwwww. I’m so conflicted, you guys! I love Instagram, and I’ve just started loving snapchat (@thepigandquill) and now they have a love-child thing but it’s owned by Facebook and doesn’t have filters and everyone is already using it and there’s so much pressure. Are you about it? Should I be about it?
- Everyone’s fawning over a homogenized aesthetic curated by social media. (Pssst: including me.)
- I just signed up for a half-marathon in October (squee!) and am in desperate need of cross-training. What are you loving? Programs with kiddo care or that I can tackle during naptime would be mosht exshullent!
- Speaking of naptime, SEND ME ALL YOUR TIPS ON NAP TRANSITIONS 2→1 SORRY TO SCREAM.
- I think we all know how I feel about The Bachelorette, but have we talked about this dress??? Swoondiggydiggy.
- York Peppermint Patties or Reeses?
- I’m drinking fourrrr dollahhhhh wiiiiiiine.
Spicy cool popsicles, dudes. Get ’em in your face.
(love this little pop shoot outtake! ♥)
- 1.5 cups mango juice
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2-4 T honey or maple syrup (see note)
- juice and zest of 1 lime, plus extra for serving
- pinch sea salt
- tajin seasoning, to taste (or other chile salt)
- Combine all ingredients in blender, beginning with 2 T honey, and blend until completely smooth. Taste for sweetness and adjust honey as needed. Pour mixture into molds (I use these). Freeze 30 mins. Insert sticks. Freeze until solid, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To release pops, dip mold into warm water. (Store released pops wrapped in wax paper in a plastic zip-top bag in the freezer.)
- Immediately before serving, squeeze over more lime and top with a generous sprinkle tajin, if desired. Enjoy!
OH! before you go…
Like whatcha see here — or have a question, feedback, or recipe hack to share? Join The Pig & Quill convo by commenting below (I love, luv, lurve comments) and hang out with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. And don’t forget to subscribe to P&Q emails or add me to your RSS reader with Feedly or Bloglovin’ so you never miss a post. x’s & o’s!