Happy Friday, loves! The haps, the haps, what’s the haps. Let’s seeeeeeee…
I’m pretty sure I’m in labor at least once every five minutes. We oxy cleaned our sheets last night, and it’s not like they look any different, but I feel like they must be so, sooooo clean, because Billy Mays wouldn’t do me wrong, you know? I want to eat everything ever made with potatoes, melted cheese or pastrami. (The latter two drove my desire for this ridic Reuben Mac, which I have eaten for breakfast thrice this week.) We installed a carseat and I only hyperventilate a little every time I see it in the rearview mirror. I ripped through the entire season of Bloodline in maybe four days. I only kinda half liked it until the middle when I kinda sorta more liked it and then the last two episodes I was full on Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can’t Lose sucked in. Coach Taylor 4Ever+Always. We bought like a zillion cloth diapers and in addition to being the cutest things I’ve ever seen, they also make me wanna poop myself with nerves, so I’m thinking adult cloth diapers are probably where all the big maternity money is hiding. Oh yeah, and I’m pretty sure I’m in labor at least once every five minutes. Oh wait…
- The Lilly Pulitzer collection for Target is happening this weekend, and I’m more or less obsessed with the whole lot of it. If I’m not delivering a child, you can bet I’ll be throwing ‘bows (bellies?) with the best of ’em, particularly over this jumpsuit.
- Pretty sure these tips for capturing kiddos with your phone will come in handy any day now…
- A med-rare ribeye is mosdef on my short list of things to devour post-preg, but I’m not sure I could subsist solely on the stuff. Like, forever.
- California’s drought captured in five pictures of Half Dome.
- No matter how potatoey his head gets, Tom Hanks will always be one of my faves. Here, his entire movie career in a single take. Just…wow.
- I love all things sticky rice, so these fiery little rice balls stuffed with pork are topping my list of must eats.
- I dare you not to watch the spinny gif in this recipe one hundred million times. Oh, ok, 20 times in as many minutes. Also, chocolate mascarpone cake!
- Sweet potato gnocchi, yes. With wild garlic + sage pesto yes, yessss, YESSSS.
- This lemon bar ice cream is already making that zingy little spot behind my ear go nuts but I can tell it’s totally worth it.
- The texture and crunch of these goat cheese toasts look heavenly, but those caramelized, roasted tomatoes are where it’s at.
- I’ll take a body pillow sized sack of these sweet-hot lotus root chips!
Playing catch-up? Here’s what you might have missed these past few weeks on the P&Q:
- One more time, I put a deli sammich in yer mac n’ cheese.
- Maui-inspired Mochiko Chicken Tacos with Umeboshi Mayo! Yeah, tangy.
- Everything that’s in our freezer in anticipation of our little girl’s arrival — and my assumed desire not to cook a damn thing.
- I shared the recipe for this Buttered Miso Tomato Soup with Roasted Garlic over on Gourmande in the Kitchen – yay!
- The gals (and guys/gays) of the internet threw me a surprise shower complete with sappy anecdotes, cocktails and the best party eats. All the feelings…
- And lastly…Creamed Spinach Toasts! I glazed a Loaf Cake! And heyooo Loaded Greek Fries with Curried Tzatziki!
Ok, folks, go getchur weekend on! ♥
p.s. Header pic is a Hwy 1 snap from our staycation last summer. 🙂
OH! before you go…
Like whatcha see here — or have a question, feedback, or recipe hack to share? Join The Pig & Quill convo by commenting below (I love, luv, lurve comments) and hang out with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. And don’t forget to subscribe to P&Q emails or add me to your RSS reader with Feedly or Bloglovin’ so you never miss a post. x’s & o’s!