Oh hai, it’s Friday and I’m actually publishing a post. Been a while since that’s happened. Good thing I never committed to a schedule for this Friday links bidnit, right? Whoopsiepoopsie.
Is it normal to be eating curried chicken salad straight from the mixing bowl for breakfast? How about using TJ’s Everything Crackers as a utensil — are we all on the same page there? Can we talk about the anxiety associated with prepping a grocery list for an approximate butt-ton of freezer meals meant to see us through the first few sleepless weeks of baby-on-the-outside-ness?? (P.S. I’m about the last person you should probably trust to do freezer meals, so I’m leaning pretty heavily on Jess’ experience for support…) I feel like red-sauced stuff is going to make a lot of appearances. Also meatballs. Probably taters. Is it problematic that I’m planning disproportionately heavy meals with no regard for the fact that it could be summer by the time we get around to eating them? Who doesn’t like a casserole in June?
I bet you weren’t expecting this interrogation.
Ok, but one more question. Have you nominated your fave food bloggies for Saveur’s Blog Awards yet? If not, it only takes a minute. It doesn’t even have to be my blog, you guys. (Although…) There’s so much stinkin’ talent out there deserving of your acknowledgement. Do it, do it, do it! ♥
- I will never tire of Jimmy Kimmel’s Mean Tweets series.
- Or Jimmy Fallon’s Wheel of Musical Impressions. (Xtina as Britney = very good television.)
- Chipotle is still one of the few quick service chains we feel like we can frequent in good conscience. (Also, they are no slouches when it comes to guac portioning.) This oral history of the company is super interesting.
- Now that I’m in my thirties (gah), I can’t help but feel a little pissed off by (ok, saddened by/nostalgic for…) those “30 by 30” lists. But this piece on the 10 Most Important Life Lessons to Master in Your 30’s I can totally get behind. For at least the next nine years. 😉
- I feel like this article could alternatively be headlined, “Lumbersexual Baseball Rookie Probably Gets All the Marriage Proposals. Ever.” No seriously.
- This breakfast poutine confetti’d with quail eggs. Oh, yes.
- This ahi salad because once this little girl is out and about, there will never be enough raw fish. I also love it when Alana does savory — more more more!
- The most ethereally lit breakfast in bed scene ever featuring bacon-stuffed french toast. Can it always be the weekend?
- What are the odds they’ll let me suck down one of these magic bar milkshakes in labor? A lady needs her energy. Also, I’m fairly certain candy is a clear liquid once shake’d.
- Charred. Cauliflower. Carbonara.
And in piggy archives, here’s what you might have missed these past few weeks:
- A one-pan shrimp + polenta supper featuring halloumi crisps!
- Slow cooker molé chili that just happens to be vegan. Yay, animals.
- The carne asada nachos that will forever change nachos. (Boo, animals?)
- Fancy coconut panna cottas for all the ladies and gents!
- Quinoa tabbouleh — tastes like summah. 🙂
HAPPY FRIDAY! ♥
P.S. Header is a snap of a snap of the Palau de la Generalitat in Barcelona!
OH! before you go…
Like whatcha see here — or have a question, feedback, or recipe hack to share? Join The Pig & Quill convo by commenting below (I love, luv, lurve comments) and hang out with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. And don’t forget to subscribe to P&Q emails or add me to your RSS reader with Feedly or Bloglovin’ so you never miss a post. x’s & o’s!