Shut up, it’s the thirtieth of January. A whole dang twelfth of the new year is (almost) gone! What the shit. When did that happen. I feel like I snoozed right through it.
(Also, I spelled twelfth like twelf and stared at it for at least a minute before deciding it didn’t quite look right. Who writes out that word ever? No one, that’s who. And me.)
Happenings in the piggy household this week consisted primarily of registering for gobs of baby crap I never knew existed (look at this George Jetson swingaling! I don’t want it, but I so want it.); eating all the enchilada hummus in preparation for StoopidBowl Sunday (i.e. National Get Fat on Chips Day, a completely apt description of my annual experience); and spending lots of time practicing my labor relaxation techniques a la Dr. Bradley. This includes learning how much the Pandora “relaxation” stations suck butt. So…please consider this my formal plea for relaxing music suggestions. 🙂
Ok, on with the show…
- What bartenders really think of your order. (I wonder what my “club soda with lime. More lime. MORE LIME.” is saying…)
- This mashup of six nearly identical country songs has been going around, and it’s all sorts of entertaining. I mean, if it ain’t broke…
- Foodess rounded up nine apps every blogger needs. I’m already Google Drive and Feedly obsessed — but CoSchedule? Color me intrigued!
- If Disney princesses had real life hair. I’m feeling those Mulan static issues so hard.
- Vogue’s 73 questions, the Victoria Beckham edition. (She never turns to show him the second pair of glasses!)
- These gorgeously sunny peach splits have me craving warm summer nights like whoa.
- I can hardly think of a reason not to eat these oniony, cheesy biscuits with every meal.
- 1) These baby bloomin’ onions kind of look like those super crunchy (and weirdly individually wrapped) sweet n’ salty Japanese rice crackers I love. 2) For that reason and/or in spite of it, I want to eat about a hundred.
- Excuse me while I pass out over the POTATO CHIPS IN THIS CAKE FROSTING.
- I’ll take both mugs of this shrimp, corn and sweet potato chowder. (Also, I can’t stop looking at the photos. Quality over quantity!)
- Pork belly pastaaaahhhhhh. I’m not even sad there’s no white rice involved. Ok, maybe a little. But hello: pasta!
- And speaking of pasta, oh haaaaai pancetta pappardelle, my eggy-pasta luvrrrr. 😉
HAPPY FRIDAY, doods.
P.S. Super emo header image is the black sand (black pebble?) beach at Wai’anapanapa State Park on the Road to Hana in Maui. Seriously stunning — and great for sunning!