Between Chris’ birthday, long evenings of gift wrapping and about a billion last-minute holiday errands that I swore I wouldn’t put off until, well, now, the week has absolutely flown by. We even checked off the biggie 20(ish)-week ultrasound appointment and have a tiny envelope tucked among the branches of our Frasier Fir, the gender of our little he or she concealed within. First we thought we’d open it on Wednesday, over dinner. And then we said we’d wait until tonight after stockings. But honestly, there’s a teensy part of me that wants to hold off altogether until the big day actually arrives. We’ll see how long that lasts. (If all the sideways glances I’ve been casting at the tree are any indication, not very…) 😉
- Stolen from Gina’s Facebook page, the 2014 Hater’s Guide to the Williams Sonoma Catalog. I’m a huge sucker for pretty much everything WS and yet this had me almost peeing. (Or maybe that’s the baby.) The 2013 version is no slouch, either.
- Joy posted her top 20 bites of 2014 and I’ve never wanted to visit/eat my way through LA more. Those tiny corn cobs and the tofu banh mi, especially.
- Food and Wine takes a look at how IG’s new filters work with food photos. But more importantly: that sandwich!
- I’m already daydreaming of our next European adventure, with London + Paris topping the list. (Plus perhaps a dip back into Basque country, if we’re already in France…). This foodie’s guide to London sounds like the perfect jumping off point and Eva’s photography makes you feel like you’re right there with her.
- I love these DIY ring bowls from Amy. But I’d prefer you MTFM. That’s Make. Them. For. Meeee — you get it.
- Jessica had her behbeh!!
- Brooke’s zeppole (say it like Giada, now…) — and their whiskey crème anglaise — have me positively salivating. Just add espresso.
- Speaking of whiskey-topped sweets, I could probably drink a gallon of the frosting that tops these dreamy eggnog + browned butter buns from Beth.
- Gawdness grawcious, Amanda, you had me at “wreath of fried sweet pasta dough balls slathered in hot honey and almonds.” I mean, JESUS.
- Linzer cookies are raging everywhere! I was most smitten with Cynthia’s rosemary + salted caramel version (psst: lessbeneighbors?) but then Erika did spiced pecan so now I dooonnnt knoooooow…ugh.
- Whew, that was a lot of sugar. Detoxing with Grace’s lentil salad — topped with all the beautiful, seasonal things — sounds just about perf.
- Or maybe these simple little citrusy endive spears from Deb? Yep, probably a good idea. (It’s cool to eat, like, 19, right? Still healthy?)
- What’s a week of links without ramen? I’d totally give up my dream of hanging with Mystic Falls’ finest for a bowl of Mandy’s garlicky “Vamp Slayer” goodness.
Oh yeah, and in case ya missed it, I pan-seared some homemade turkey + bacon breakie sausages for Chris earlier this week (basted in their own pan drippings, yes preeze…) — and big thanks to Yahoo! Food for picking up my latkes, wheeee!
p.s. — Header pic is of my fave macarons (oh, hai, Christmas come early) from Pistacia Vera in Columbus. Just about the sweetest sweet shop you ever did see! (For those of you reading on email, you can always click through to the blog to see all images in their glory.)
p.p.s. — Don’t forget that Q Squared NYC is still offering 20% off sitewide when you shop using the code PIGANDQUILL at checkout. It might be a bit too late for holiday shopping, but there’s always an opportunity to treat yo’self.
Oh hey, before you go…Like whatcha see here — or have a question, feedback, or recipe hack to share? Join The Pig & Quill convo by commenting below (I love, luv, lurve comments) and hang out with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. And don’t forget to subscribe to P&Q emails or add me to your RSS reader with Feedly or Bloglovin’ so you never miss a post. x’s & o’s!