I know. A little anti-climactic with the pink heading. I couldn’t help myself.
We opened the envelope right around Christmas but wanted to take the past few weeks to privately revel in the fact that the little being pummeling my tums is, in fact, our daughter to be. ♥ Somehow, in just the transition from “it” to “her,” my substantially cloudy vision of the future has started to crystallize ever so slightly. Chris, who has envisioned a tiny piglita all along, is 1429% terrified. It’s pretty adorable.
So now it’s on to names (we have a long list of no-way-in-hells and a very short list of maybes); nursery stuffs (!!!); and reading approximately all the books about exactly how much pain accompanies natural childbirth.
I can’t wait!
- David Chang on The State of Ramen. I’m so torn on this one. As with many specialized cuisines, ramen is its own art form and, as such, derives much of its allure from constant innovation. But still: eat what you love; eat what tastes good. Right?
- NPR reviewed those White Castle Veggie Sliders I mentioned a couple weeks ago. I’m still down.
- Talk about an ironic last name.
- I’d love to say I found this guide to all the Twitter and IG accounts for The Bachelor Season 19 cast from some shallow twit on Facebook — buuuuuuuut I googled it. Real life, yos. 😉
- This piece on the science behind naming brands and products just tickles the crap out of my inner marketer.
- Can we talk about how much I love ragu and bolognese and just about any meaty sauce you can drag a gnocchi or a noodle through and call dinner? Because I do. And this version from Teighan is no exception.
- Cindy made these gorgeous, savory roasted sausages (with grapes! and polenta! and gorgonzola!) from Molly’s new book, and now I’m just itching to get cooking from my own copy. (Soon, Molly, I promise!)
- Uh. Mazemen. If you read Steph’s blog, you so saw that one coming a mile away.
- Oh, look. Another pretty bowl of ramen. You’re shocked. But truly shocking? It’s gluten-free and loaded with veggies! How’s that for innovative, Dave?
- Jeanine made tofu banh mi!!! And then because she’s Jeanine, she photographed it all perfect-like and made me sad about the relative NONEness of banh mi currently at my disposal.
And in case ya missed it, earlier this week I shared the recipe for this French Lentil Soup with Kale + Bacon and Waffled Scamorza “en Carozza” — basically a (battered!!) grilled-cheese-waffle-hybrid situation on crickity crack. You’ll dig it. 🙂
p.s. — Header pic is looking straight down a bag of piping hot malasadas from Home Maid Bakery in Maui. (Don’t mind the one with bite(s) missing…) They fry them to order between the hours of 5am-10am and 4pm-10pm and they are crisp, pillowy insanity. (For those of you reading on email, you can always click through to the blog to see all images in their glory.)
OH! before you go…
Like whatcha see here — or have a question, feedback, or recipe hack to share? Join The Pig & Quill convo by commenting below (I love, luv, lurve comments) and hang out with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. And don’t forget to subscribe to P&Q emails or add me to your RSS reader with Feedly or Bloglovin’ so you never miss a post. x’s & o’s!