I’ve been saying I should start a blog for God knows how long, but it took purchasing a domain name to finally light a fire under my butt strong enough to motivate movement. As you may learn, I consider every purchase an investment and am highly disappointed when dollars are wasted on fruitless efforts. So how better to kickstart a blog than to pay for one? Sure, the logic is a bit backwards, but we’re here, aren’t we?
And now that we’re here, the question begs: where do I start? I crack myself up on pretty much a daily basis, yet there’s a whole new sense of pressure, of fear, when the inner monologue becomes external and the critics start circling. But let’s be real. If criticism is just a fancy word for gettin’ judgy — and gettin’ judgy is one of my guiltiest pleasures — then I’ll happily take one for the GJ team. If nothing else, blogging will provide an alternative to the typical weeknight routine of watching Top Gear reruns until midnight and then startling awake (wait, when did I fall asleep?) to the realization that my teeth aren’t brushed and the laundry is still in the dryer. If you have a quicker shortcut to Cranky, let me know. I think my husband would agree that the above process is dialed.
So with this experiment officially in progress, let’s start with setting some expectations, such as…
- While I can follow a recipe, I don’t generally write them, so anything that resembles an original recipe is gonna be rough in measurements and practice. If you love to eat as much as I do, it might just be worth slogging through my babble to give it a try. I don’t promise it’ll be great, but I’ll love you for it.
- The Chinese half of me is in the driver’s seat when it comes to boozing. I don’t want to perpetuate the stereotype of Asian drivers, but it’s not a smooth ride. I do love a glass of wine with dinner, but when a swig of champs is accompanied by a red face and a racing heart, it’s just not sexy. So a cocktail blog this won’t be. Disappointed? Hit up Emily over at Copper & Thread (ahem, once it’s up and running). In addition to being one of the most genuine beings you’ll ever encounter on the interweb, she makes a killer Moscow Mule.
- Please forgive small typos. I’m a hunter and pecker and probably always will be. Toopid puters.
- Let’s be frank. I’m blogging for me, but if anyone is reading this, I’m blogging for you, too! So leave me comments. Like, a big bag of ’em.
- If I’m going to make a list, it’s going to include five items. No, not really, but it didn’t seem right to end this list with a paltry four things, so…
Here goes nothing!